Business Design & Strategy Intern
At Klydo, we’re building a world where everyone has the confidence to create. Initially this means giving people and companies the confidence to create new products and services, next it will include new business models, brand experiences and ways of working. One day Klydo will give someone the confidence to create an entirely new industry.
It’s an audacious, incredibly rewarding mission that only recently, with the advent of new developments in artificial intelligence, we’ve dared to imagine. To achieve it, we’re merging the fields of creativity and AI to build the world’s first creative AI for innovation - AI that gives people and companies the confidence to create bold new value propositions.
Helping us on our journey, we've got the backing of top VC investors, including those behind Shazam, Zoopla and LoveFilm to name just a few. We've also signed up leading consumer brand partnerships and we'll be growing the team fourfold over the next year.
Exciting challenges lie ahead - rapid growth, technological breakthroughs, and complete shifts in existing approaches to innovation. Guided by our four core values, we’ll meet these challenges with the support and dedication of the incredibly diverse team that we’re building.
We are now looking for a business intern to join us on a full-time paid summer internship for up to 10 weeks.
What you will be doing:
This role is an opportunity for a smart, curious generalist or aspiring young entrepreneur who is interested in working in a customer-centric and design-led technology start-up, to spend the summer and gain experience in creating a company that is on a mission to help people be more creative and innovative.
Working in a small, growing start-up involves exposure to all aspects of the business – from product, strategy, to marketing and operations, so every week is very diverse. While working with our co-founders, you will have plenty of opportunities to learn about our cutting-edge AI and machine learning. When you join us, you might be working one day on helping us conduct strategy research, participating in client meetings, taking part in sessions with our investors, creating our marketing content, or helping us with team culture.
What do you get out of it?
An insight into what goes on within a fast-growing start-up, from client project support, market intelligence, marketing through to event management. You'll be working alongside our CEO and the Strategy team on short-term tasks with clear deliverables, and more strategic long-term projects with more opportunity to define scope and success.
This is a unique opportunity to learn about Business Design, a new innovation discipline that uses design thinking approaches and methods and applies them to business strategy and entrepreneurship. It will allow you to learn how to structure and manage a design-driven and customer-led tech business.
This is an amazing opportunity to gain experience, develop your skills, learn about start-up investments and VCs and connect with a great network of people within the London start-up ecosystem.
- Being proactive - working independently and with the team to determine what needs to be done
- Commercial awareness with a business understanding
- Ability to learn quickly and enjoy the fluidity of a dynamic startup environment
- Interest in start-ups and technology
- Previous experience within a business/research internship is a plus
- At least 2 years into your degree from a leading university, or finished your 2nd year
- Up to 10 week full-time paid internship
- Working on a daily-basis with the CEO and the strategy & innovation team
- Fuel your curiosity with an annual membership to a museum or gallery of your choice (free entry to exhibitions and skip the queues!)
- Health and wellness monthly allowance while you are we us, to spend on anything that’s good for your mind and body
- Our own pet-friendly office in a vibrant co-working space at Runway East, London Bridge (complete with table tennis and roof terrace!)
- Out-of-office adventures
- We will review your application as quickly as possible
- A brief 30 minute intro call where we tell you more about the Klydo story and chat through what you are looking for
- A take-home exercise (don’t worry, shouldn’t take more than 1h to complete)
- 1 hour in-person chat so we can meet and chat more about you, us and the role
- Offer, contract signing and then waiting for you to join us on our adventure!
Klydo is an amazing business that sits at the intersection of creativity and AI, with a big growth story ahead of it. We celebrate diversity and as an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We'd love for you to join us.
Sparked your curiosity?