NLP Research Engineer
At Klydo, we’re building a world where everyone has the confidence to create. Initially this means giving people and companies the confidence to create new products and services, next it will include new business models, brand experiences and ways of working. One day Klydo will give someone the confidence to create an entirely new industry.
It’s an audacious, incredibly rewarding mission that only recently, with the advent of new developments in artificial intelligence, we’ve dared to imagine. To achieve it, we’re merging the fields of creativity and AI to build the world’s first creative AI for innovation - AI that gives people and companies the confidence to create bold new value propositions.
Helping us on our journey, we've got the backing of top VC investors, including those behind Shazam, Zoopla and LoveFilm to name just a few. We've also signed up leading consumer brand partnerships and we'll be growing the team fourfold over the next year.
Exciting challenges lie ahead - rapid growth, technological breakthroughs, and complete shifts in existing approaches to innovation. Guided by our four core values, we’ll meet these challenges with the support and dedication of the incredibly diverse team that we’re building.
Why is this role important for Klydo's success?
We use state-of-the-art NLP techniques to understand the language of product innovation, automatically reading product descriptions to understand what drives a consumer to make a purchase. We’re looking for an NLP Research Engineer to lead our research agenda in this emerging field.
You’ll be taking on a key role in our engineering team, owning the core NLP processes in our data pipeline and collaborating with the whole team to develop more effective and creative ways of using them. Some of the technologies you will be working with include Python, Flask, Docker, Tensorflow and of course, many more.
If you want to work at the cutting edge of NLP research and apply it to real-world use cases, this should excite you. This is a unique chance to truly see the impact your work has on our user's ability to generate more innovative ideas.
You will be responsible for:
- Keeping abreast with recent NLP and ML research
- Setting our NLP/NLU research direction, with a focus on evaluation and implementation
- Extraction and disambiguation of phrases from unstructured text data
- Automatic summarisation/labelling of collections of text documents
- Working with the rest of the team to integrate the models in production
- Maintaining our training workflow; including annotation systems and feedback loops
- Informing, iterating and challenging our NLP strategy
- Ability to learn quickly and enjoy the fluidity of a dynamic startup environment
- Strong background in natural language processing, computational linguistics and/or machine learning
- Ability to lead the research agenda in a nascent field
- Ability to build and deploy NLP/ML systems in production at scale
- In-depth knowledge of Python
- Passion for sharing what you've learnt and confidence to ask others for help
- Never-ending curiosity for finding solutions to hard problems
Make your mark
- Join the founding team of the most creative AI company around
- Immediately see the tangible impact of your work as one of our first ten hires
- Own the design vision for our products and see your work in use with real-world clients
Be in control
- We trust you from the start, giving you the autonomy to shape the work you do
- Enjoy our flexible working hours and feel free to work from home when you need 🕊
- Choose your own brand new equipment 💻
Stay curious, keep learning
- Access to a range of personalised training and development opportunities
- Fuel your curiosity with an annual membership to a museum or gallery of your choice (free entry to exhibitions and skip the queues!) 🤓
Enjoy growing rewards
- We offer a competitive salary and a bonus each time we raise 😁
- Great stock options to recognise your early commitment 💸
- 25 days holiday, all bank holidays and your birthday off to recharge and celebrate in style 🥂
- Health and wellness monthly allowance to spend on anything that’s good for your mind and body 👟
- Contribution based pension (it’s never too early to start saving!)
Have fun along the way
- Feel at home in our own (pet-friendly!) office in a vibrant co-working space in London Bridge (complete with table tennis and roof terrace!) 😎
- Unwind with the team on out-of-office adventures (mini-golf, weekend aways and many more…) ✈️
Klydo is an amazing business that sits at the intersection of creativity and AI, with a big growth story ahead of it. We celebrate diversity and as an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We'd love for you to join us.
Sparked your curiosity?