Full Stack Engineer
At Klydo, we believe that too often ideas for innovation come from random moments of insight, resulting in the vast majority of innovation failing. As such, we are building technology that enhances creative thinking, enabling any team in any business to deliver breakthrough innovation. We've even given this new approach to innovation a name - klydoscope thinking.
Our first step to achieving this is developing an innovation research tool with a creative edge. Using an inventive combination of machine learning and beautiful data visualisation, Klydo taps into the wealth of information that exists online and helps companies come up with their next breakthrough product idea. By understanding the why and how behind every product in a market, we can uncover the whitespace innovation opportunities - just imagine a tool that could have spotted the insights behind BrewDog, Halo Top and Dollar Shave Club before they did. That's where we're heading.
To help us on our journey, we've got the backing of world-class VC investors, including those behind Shazam, Zoopla and LoveFilm to name just a few. We've also signed up leading consumer brands to partner with and we'll be growing the team fourfold over the next year. We're excited to offer you the opportunity to be part of our founding team and play a major role in shaping Klydo from the beginning.
Why is this role important for Klydo's success?
We’re looking for a Full-stack Engineer to take ownership of our client facing web app, bringing the various parts of our machine learning pipeline together to help us develop an extraordinary product.
You’ll be responsible for multiple parts of the development of our platform, from architecture and security to performance and feature UX. You'll be adept at collaborating with other engineers and designers, and comfortable handling both back and front end. Currently, our application is built with Django and React, interacting with other microservices that serve our ML processes. Everything is hosted on Amazon Web Services with Docker.
It's an exciting opportunity for you if you want to work for a high-growth machine learning startup. You'll see your work directly contributing to the success of our company and you'll see the impact your work has for our clients as our technology helps them accelerate their product innovation.
You will be responsible for:
- Architecting, building and maintaining Klydo’s user-facing web platform
- Collaborating with machine learning and infrastructure engineers
- Scoping out the security and structure of our web app
- Driving technical investments from the early exploration of ideas to delivering integral parts of our stack, balancing short-term goals with long-term architectural vision
- Informing, iterating and challenging our product roadmap
- Ability to learn quickly and enjoy the fluidity of a dynamic startup environment
- Pride in the things you build, from the visual polish of the user experience to the reliability of backend services
- Experience in at least some of the following: Django, React, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch
- Bonus points for experience with d3.js, deploying to AWS
- Passion for sharing what you've learnt and confidence to ask others for help
- Never-ending curiosity for finding solutions to hard problems
Make your mark
- Immediately see the impact of your work
- Be part of building the world’s most creative AI company
Be in control
- Freedom to shape the work you do
- Flexible working hours
Stay curious, keep learning
- Training and development opportunities
- Membership to a museum or gallery of your choice
Enjoy growing rewards
- Competitive salary, stock options and a bonus every time we raise
- 25 days holiday and your birthday off
Have fun along the way
- Vibrant co-working office environment
- Out-of-office adventures
Klydo is an amazing business to be part of with an exciting vision and massive growth prospects. We celebrate diversity and as an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We'd love for you to join us.
Sparked your curiosity?