Machine Learning Research Engineer
At Klydo, we believe that too often ideas for innovation come from random moments of insight, resulting in the vast majority of innovation failing. As such, we are building technology that enhances creative thinking, enabling any team in any business to deliver breakthrough innovation. We've even given this new approach to innovation a name - klydoscope thinking.
Our first step to achieving this is developing an innovation research tool with a creative edge. Using an inventive combination of machine learning and beautiful data visualisation, Klydo taps into the wealth of information that exists online and helps companies come up with their next breakthrough product idea. By understanding the why and how behind every product in a market, we can uncover the whitespace innovation opportunities - just imagine a tool that could have spotted the insights behind BrewDog, Halo Top and Dollar Shave Club before they did. That's where we're heading.
To help us on our journey, we've got the backing of world-class VC investors, including those behind Shazam, Zoopla and LoveFilm to name just a few. We've also signed up leading consumer brands to partner with and we'll be growing the team fourfold over the next year. We're excited to offer you the opportunity to be part of our founding team and play a major role in shaping Klydo from the beginning.
Why is this role important for Klydo's success?
We use a range of state-of-the-art semi-supervised and unsupervised ML algorithms to cluster text data into semantically similar themes. This is fundamental to our product and as such, we’re looking for an ML Research Engineer who will help us advance our existing ML technology even further through researching and developing completely novel methods and techniques.
You’ll be taking on a key role in our engineering team, owning the core ML processes in our data pipeline and collaborating with the whole team to develop more effective and creative ways of using them. Some of the technologies you will be working with include Python, Flask, Docker, Tensorflow and of course many, many more.
It's an exciting opportunity for you if you want to work on a variety of cutting edge ML research challenges, and apply them to real-world use cases. You'll see your work directly contributing to the rapid growth of our company and you'll see the impact your work has for our clients as our technology helps them accelerate their product innovation.
You will be responsible for:
- Keeping abreast with recent NLP and ML developments
- Uncovering hidden structure within a large corpus of text, drawing upon unsupervised learning techniques such as hierarchical clustering and document embeddings
- Designing and implementing user feedback loops to improve ML models
- Working with the rest of the team to integrate the models in production
- Architecting and implementing the ML pipelines and infrastructure
- Informing, iterating and challenging our ML strategy
- Ability to learn quickly and enjoy the fluidity of a dynamic startup environment
- Strong background in unsupervised machine learning and/or statistics and at least some experience of natural language processing
- Ability to build and deploy NLP/ML systems in production at scale
- In-depth knowledge of Python
- Passion for sharing what you've learnt and confidence to ask others for help
- Never-ending curiosity for finding solutions to hard problems
Make your mark
- Immediately see the impact of your work
- Be part of building the world’s most creative AI company
Be in control
- Freedom to shape the work you do
- Flexible working hours
Stay curious, keep learning
- Training and development opportunities
- Membership to a museum or gallery of your choice
Enjoy growing rewards
- Competitive salary, stock options and a bonus every time we raise
- 25 days holiday and your birthday off
Have fun along the way
- Vibrant co-working office environment
- Out-of-office adventures
Klydo is an amazing business to be part of with an exciting vision and massive growth prospects. We celebrate diversity and as an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We'd love for you to join us.
Sparked your curiosity?