At Klydo, we believe that too often ideas for innovation come from random moments of insight, resulting in the vast majority of innovation failing. As such, we are building technology that enhances creative thinking, enabling any team in any business to deliver breakthrough innovation. We've even given this new approach to innovation a name - klydoscope thinking.
Our first step to achieving this is developing an innovation research tool with a creative edge. Using an inventive combination of machine learning and beautiful data visualisation, Klydo taps into the wealth of information that exists online and helps companies come up with their next breakthrough product idea. By understanding the why and how behind every product in a market, we can uncover the whitespace innovation opportunities - just imagine a tool that could have spotted the insights behind BrewDog, Halo Top and Dollar Shave Club before they did. That's where we're heading.
To help us on our journey, we've got the backing of world-class VC investors, including those behind Shazam, Zoopla and LoveFilm to name just a few. We've also signed up leading consumer brands to partner with and we'll be growing the team fourfold over the next year. We're excited to offer you the opportunity to be part of our founding team and play a major role in shaping Klydo from the beginning.
Why is this role important for Klydo's success?
Klydoscope thinking is our proprietary innovation framework which is at the heart of what we offer our clients. We're looking for someone to own this framework and become the expert user of the Klydo research tool, interpreting the insights surfaced by Klydo into actionable insights for our clients. As such, you'll be the senior creative thinker on these projects and will be working closely with our clients to develop their innovation strategy and roadmap. You'll also be feeding back your learnings to our Product and Engineering teams to help dictate the roadmap for the Klydo platform!
The ideal candidate is a natural creative problem solver with a background in innovation and a strong appreciation for the value of data-driven insights. In your past life, you may have been an entrepreneur, brand strategist, innovation strategist or insights manager – with experience of the research and idea generation process involved in bringing a new offering to market.
It's an exciting opportunity for you if you want to work in product innovation but you are bored or frustrated with the current methods of research and idea development. At Klydo, you'll be working at the forefront of developments in artificial intelligence and will be instrumental in helping us define a fundamentally new approach to innovation.
You will be responsible for:
- Developing our "klydoscope thinking" innovation framework and the role of the Klydo technology in delivering this
- Collaborating with clients to understand their innovation/NPD processes and market insight needs
- Articulating and communicating the benefits of Klydo directly with clients and through written content
- Translating Klydo's insights into actionable insights for the client
- Producing written reports and content from Klydo's insights
- Working closely with the Product and Engineering teams to understand the current strengths and shortfalls of the Klydo technology
- Informing, iterating and challenging our product roadmap based on what you learn through delivering client projects
- Suggesting improvements to our insight delivery process to help lay the groundwork for our future client delivery model
- Ability to learn quickly and enjoy the fluidity of a dynamic startup environment
- Minimum of 5 years of industry experience in at least one of the following: innovation, product/brand strategy, market research, and insight.
- Experience in a client-service or consultative role and bonus points for a deep understanding of the challenges involved in selling into large consumer brands
- Demonstrated ability to write in a compelling manner (reports, blogs, etc.)
- Outstanding verbal communication skills - including listening and observation skills
- Entrepreneurial and product mindset - always keeping the bigger vision in mind, for both our clients and for Klydo
- Passion for sharing what you've learnt and confidence to ask others for help
- Never-ending curiosity for finding solutions to hard problems
Make your mark
- Immediately see the impact of your work
- Be part of building the world’s most creative AI company
Be in control
- Freedom to shape the work you do
- Flexible working hours
Stay curious, keep learning
- Training and development opportunities
- Membership to a museum or gallery of your choice
Enjoy growing rewards
- Competitive salary, stock options and a bonus every time we raise
- 25 days holiday and your birthday off
Have fun along the way
- Vibrant co-working office environment
- Out-of-office adventures
Klydo is an amazing business to be part of with an exciting vision and massive growth prospects. We celebrate diversity and as an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We'd love for you to join us.
Sparked your curiosity?