At Klydo, we believe that too often ideas for innovation come from random moments of insight, resulting in the vast majority of innovation failing. As such, we are building technology that enhances creative thinking, enabling any team in any business to deliver breakthrough innovation. We've even given this new approach to innovation a name - klydoscope thinking.
Our first step to achieving this is developing an innovation research tool with a creative edge. Using an inventive combination of machine learning and beautiful data visualisation, Klydo taps into the wealth of information that exists online and helps companies come up with their next breakthrough product idea. By understanding the why and how behind every product in a market, we can uncover the whitespace innovation opportunities - just imagine a tool that could have spotted the insights behind BrewDog, Halo Top and Dollar Shave Club before they did. That's where we're heading.
To help us on our journey, we've got the backing of world-class VC investors, including those behind Shazam, Zoopla and LoveFilm to name just a few. We've also signed up leading consumer brands to partner with and we'll be growing the team fourfold over the next year. We're excited to offer you the opportunity to be part of our founding team and play a major role in shaping Klydo from the beginning.
Why is this role important for Klydo's success?
We're looking for a Software Engineer to manage the data pipeline and infrastructure that serves our complex machine learning processes.
Your primary focus will be building out and maintaining our large scale data acquisition system and backend infrastructure. You'll also be helping craft our development culture and workflow with best DevOps practices. Currently, our infrastructure is hosted on Amazon Web Services, using technologies like Docker, PostgreSQL and Elasticsearch. Our application utilises a microservices architecture and is built with Python.
It's an exciting opportunity for you if you want to work for a high-growth machine learning startup. You'll see your work directly contributing to the success of our company and you'll see the impact your work has for our clients as our technology helps them accelerate their product innovation.
You will be responsible for:
- Designing, implementing and maintaining automated, scalable and robust data acquisition systems
- Managing Klydo’s data stores and pipelines; advise and collaborate with machine learning and data visualisation engineers to deploy into this pipeline
- Deploying our ML microservices and building out the backend infrastructure; design and implement the tools and processes used to deploy a highly scalable and robust system
- Informing, iterating and challenging our infrastructure and data strategy
- Ability to learn quickly and enjoy the fluidity of a dynamic startup environment
- Ability to design, build and maintain large software systems and infrastructure
- In-depth knowledge of python
- Experience with data stores (including Elasticsearch) and data pipelines
- Experience with AWS
- Bonus points for experience with:
- Web scraping (Scrapy)
- Test suites, continuous integration and automated deployment
Make your mark
- Immediately see the impact of your work
- Be part of building the world’s most creative AI company
Be in control
- Freedom to shape the work you do
- Flexible working hours
Stay curious, keep learning
- Training and development opportunities
- Membership to a museum or gallery of your choice
Enjoy growing rewards
- Competitive salary, stock options and a bonus every time we raise
- 25 days holiday and your birthday off
Have fun along the way
- Vibrant co-working office environment
- Out-of-office adventures
Klydo is an amazing business to be part of with an exciting vision and massive growth prospects. We celebrate diversity and as an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We'd love for you to join us.
Sparked your curiosity?