At Klydo, we’re creating a world where everyone has the confidence to innovate.
We are already giving companies the confidence to innovate for their customers by helping them create new products and services that solve meaningful problems. Next, we’ll help them innovate for themselves, enabling them to construct bold new business models, organisational designs and ways of working. One day, Klydo will give someone the confidence to create an entirely new business from scratch.
It’s an audacious, incredibly rewarding mission that only recently, with the advent of new developments in artificial intelligence, we’ve dared to imagine. To achieve it, we’re merging the fields of creativity and AI to build the world’s first creative AI for innovation - AI that gives everyone the confidence to create unimagined solutions to the problems that matter most.
Helping us on our journey, we've got the backing of top VC investors, including those behind Shazam, Zoopla and LoveFilm to name just a few. We've also signed up leading consumer brand partnerships and we'll be growing the team fourfold over the next year.
Exciting challenges lie ahead — rapid growth, technological breakthroughs, and paradigm shifts in innovation. Guided by our four core values, we’ll meet these challenges with the support and dedication of the incredibly diverse team that we’re building.
Why is this role important for Klydo's success?
We're looking for a Software Engineer to manage the data pipeline and infrastructure that serves our complex machine learning processes.
Your primary focus will be building out and maintaining our large scale data acquisition system and backend infrastructure. You'll also be helping to craft our development culture and entire workflow using best DevOps practices. Currently, our infrastructure is hosted on AWS, using technologies like Docker, PostgreSQL and Elasticsearch. Our application utilises a microservices architecture and is built with Python.
This is a chance to see your work directly contributing to the rapid growth of a machine-learning startup where you will truly see the impact your work has on our user's ability to generate more innovative ideas.
You will be responsible for:
- Designing, implementing and maintaining automated, scalable and robust data acquisition systems
- Managing Klydo’s data stores and pipelines; advise and collaborate with machine learning and data visualisation engineers to deploy into this pipeline
- Deploying our ML microservices and building out the backend infrastructure; design and implement the tools and processes used to deploy a highly scalable and robust system
- Informing, iterating and challenging our infrastructure and data strategy
- Ability to learn quickly and enjoy the fluidity of a dynamic startup environment
- Ability to design, build and maintain large software systems and infrastructure
- In-depth knowledge of python
- Experience with data stores (including Elasticsearch) and data pipelines
- Experience with AWS
- Bonus points for experience with:
- Web scraping (Scrapy)
- Test suites, continuous integration and automated deployment
Make your mark
- Join the founding team of the most creative AI company around
- Immediately see the tangible impact of your work as one of our first ten hires
- Own the design vision for our products and see your work in use with real-world clients
Be in control
- We trust you from the start, giving you the autonomy to shape the work you do
- Enjoy our flexible working hours and feel free to work from home when you need 🕊
- Choose your own brand new equipment 💻
Stay curious, keep learning
- Access to a range of personalised training and development opportunities
- Fuel your curiosity with an annual membership to a museum or gallery of your choice (free entry to exhibitions and skip the queues!) 🤓
Enjoy growing rewards
- We offer a competitive salary and a bonus each time we raise 😁
- Great stock options to recognise your early commitment 💸
- 25 days holiday, all bank holidays and your birthday off to recharge and celebrate in style 🥂
- Health and wellness monthly allowance to spend on anything that’s good for your mind and body 👟
- Contribution based pension (it’s never too early to start saving!)
Have fun along the way
- Feel at home in our own (pet-friendly!) office in a vibrant co-working space in London Bridge (complete with table tennis and roof terrace!) 😎
- Unwind with the team on out-of-office adventures (mini-golf, weekend aways and many more…) ✈️
Klydo is an amazing business that sits at the intersection of creativity and AI, with a big growth story ahead of it. We celebrate diversity and as an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We'd love for you to join us.
Sparked your curiosity?