At Klydo, we believe that too often ideas for innovation come from random moments of insight, resulting in the vast majority of innovation failing. As such, we are building technology that enhances creative thinking, enabling any team in any business to deliver breakthrough innovation. We've even given this new approach to innovation a name - klydoscope thinking.
Our first step to achieving this is developing an innovation research tool with a creative edge. Using an inventive combination of machine learning and beautiful data visualisation, Klydo taps into the wealth of information that exists online and helps companies come up with their next breakthrough product idea. By understanding the why and how behind every product in a market, we can uncover the whitespace innovation opportunities - just imagine a tool that could have spotted the insights behind BrewDog, Halo Top and Dollar Shave Club before they did. That's where we're heading.
To help us on our journey, we've got the backing of world-class VC investors, including those behind Shazam, Zoopla and LoveFilm to name just a few. We've also signed up leading consumer brands to partner with and we'll be growing the team fourfold over the next year. We're excited to offer you the opportunity to be part of our founding team and play a major role in shaping Klydo from the beginning.
Why is this role important for Klydo's success?
We’re looking for a DevOps Engineer to manage the robust infrastructure that serves our complex machine learning processes and to define our internal development workflow.
Your primary focus will be handling the cloud infrastructure and data pipelines that underpin the Klydo service. You'll be crafting our development culture with best practices in testing, continuous integration/delivery and security. Currently, our infrastructure is hosted on Amazon Web Services, using technologies like Docker, PostgreSQL and Elasticsearch. Our application utilises a microservices architecture and is built with Python.
It's an exciting opportunity for you if you want to work for a high-growth machine learning startup. You'll see your work directly contributing to the success of our company and you'll see the impact your work has for our clients as our technology helps them accelerate their product innovation.
You will be responsible for:
- Owning the backend infrastructure; design and implement the tools and processes used to deploy a highly scalable and robust system, using best development practices
- Managing Klydo’s data stores and pipelines; advise and collaborate with machine learning and data visualisation engineers to deploy into this pipeline
- Measuring and monitoring availability, performance and overall health of our environments
- Informing, iterating and challenging our infrastructure and data strategy
- Ability to learn quickly and enjoy the fluidity of a dynamic startup environment
- Ability to design, build and maintain robust cloud infrastructure systems in production at scale
- Experience in at least some of the following areas:
- AWS suite
- Data stores (SQL, Elasticsearch)
- Solid scripting skills in Bash and Python, with deep knowledge of Linux
- Test suites, continuous integration and automated deployment
- Bonus points for experience with:
- Web scraping (Scrapy)
- Web frameworks (Flask, Django)
- Passion for sharing what you've learnt and confidence to ask others for help
- Never-ending curiosity for finding solutions to hard problems
Make your mark
- Immediately see the impact of your work
- Be part of building the world’s most creative AI company
Be in control
- Freedom to shape the work you do
- Flexible working hours
Stay curious, keep learning
- Training and development opportunities
- Membership to a museum or gallery of your choice
Enjoy growing rewards
- Competitive salary, stock options and a bonus every time we raise
- 25 days holiday and your birthday off
Have fun along the way
- Vibrant co-working office environment
- Out-of-office adventures
Klydo is an amazing business to be part of with an exciting vision and massive growth prospects. We celebrate diversity and as an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We'd love for you to join us.
Sparked your curiosity?